Head Instructor - Ahmad Kakar
Ahmad is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Brown Belt and has been active in the BJJ scene for over 13 years. Ahmad focuses his lessons on practical techniques that are highly effective in real-life self defence situations. His proven experience in competition and decorated teaching style have made Ahmad a highly sought-after instructor within the local MMA circuit. Ahmad has also dabbled in the world of professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), competing against high level fighters.
Here are some of Ahmad's accomplishments in BJJ:
- 2nd Place - 2009 World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (Purple Belt No-Gi Division)
- 1st Place - 2008 Joslin’s Grappling Championship (Advanced Gi and No-Gi Divisions)
- 1st Place - 2007 Ascension Grappling Championship (Intermediate No-Gi Division
Take a look at Ahmad's competition videos:
BJJ Instructor - Frankie Talens
A purple Belt under Chris Greenwood, Frankie has been training in the arts of grappling for almost 10 years and has trained at various clubs across the GTA and as well as the U.S. During his years grappling he as well competed in both local and international tournaments with successful results. Though he has been training for almost a decade, Frankie is new to instructing however he is eager to share his techniques and grappling experience with others.
Kids BJJ Coach - Zobair Farah
Zobair comes from a family with a rich history of various martial arts including Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), Tae-Kwon-Do and American Kickboxing. A Blue Belt in BJJ, Zobair has consistently trained in BJJ for over 10 years at academies in Toronto and San Jose. As a father of 3 kids, Zobair knows what it's like to see kids get bullied in school, which is why he takes pride in enabling youth to earn the skills and confidence needed to defend themselves through training, competing and making long life friends and training partners. Each of Coach Zobair's classes are focused around teaching students movements to escape bad scenarios and gain advantageous positions to control their opponents.
Here are some of Zobair's accomplishments in BJJ:
- Gold Medal - 2014 OGA Alma Luta Open BJJ Championships (Advanced Master Division)
- Gold Medal - 2013 Ontario Open - (No-Gi Master Blue Belt, Middleweight & Absolute Divisions)
- Gold Medal - 2012 Ontario IBJJF Championships - (No-Gi Master Blue Belt, Middleweight/Absolute Divisions)
- Silver Medal - 2010 World/International IBJJF Championships (Gi Master White Belt Division)